Friday, December 17, 2010

packing my bags and fleeing

I've never written a blog before.  I have considered the cathartic benefits of spewing my thoughts into the generality of the Internet but never saw it as a benefit to anyone, including myself.  Now is the perfect time for me to finally begin.

I titled the blog "Run Away with Me" because my experiences abroad will be four months full of unexpected adventures and journeys without my usual partners-in-crime.  I am seeing this experience as a time to escape reality.  To be without constant access to the internet, to not always be accessible via BBM, and to be more obsessed with the royal wedding than any US tabloid could ever imagine.

My journey begins on January 8th as I board a flight to London, England where I will reside in Boston University dorms in the beautiful area of South Kensington.  I will learn to take the Tube like I learned the T lines in Boston, I will (hopefully) acclimate to the differences in the common diets, and I will learn to frequent the London pubs.

This blog is my excuse to share my adventures in Europe.  For whoever chooses to read this, I hope you find it as your escape and your chance to run away with me as well.

No comments: