Tuesday, April 5, 2011

sleeping head to toe - EMMA COMES TO VISIT!

There is nothing better than being with someone that knows you almost as well as you know yourself.. or even better.  That's what it felt like when my oldest and best friend Emma came to visit me in London.  She had already been to Europe several times, even lived in Germany for a month, but had never been to London.  As an aspiring History teacher and History major at Cal State Long Beach, she was more than ecstatic to get the opportunity to come and visit me in London!

I went and picked Emma up at Heathrow Airport and we headed home on the tube!  She was a bit jetlagged so day 1 consisted of chilling, catching up, gossiping, the usual.  When my best friend from school Ana arrived, I was so excited to get to introduce the two of them and of course they fell in love instantly!  We went to bed and planned to wake up early to do a lot of sight seeing!!

The first place I took Ana and Emma was to Westiminster.... We took complete advantage of the beautiful, HOT day that London provided us.
ana, me & emma

me & emma

Westminster Abbey was open that day for visitors so we decided to pay the steep fee and go on the audio tour that they provide.  It was absolutely beautiful!  I got to see Charles Dicken's grave!

ana

emma & me

emma & me

Emma and Ana both wanted pictures in a telephone booth and since I hadn't taken one yet, I decided I would take them to the best telephone booth in London.  You can see why in the pictures..



Another thing I hadn't done yet/saved for when Emma came was the London Eye.  On our way over, we saw a crepe place and had to stop for a delicious treat.  One with nutella and banana, the other with lemon and sugar.



On the london eye

from the london eye

That night, we all went out to celebrate having our friends from Madrid in town and, of course, having Emma in town!! We went to a place called China White, which I had been to before and enjoyed.  This time was no different!

me ana & emma

Saturday morning, Sam and I took Emma to Portobello Road.  Never fail, that place always makes me happy.  We walked down, shopped a little, and stopped in Kurt Geiger to drool over the shoes.



We attempted to go on a Rock and Roll Tour of London that afternoon but there was a huge protest for public service workers all throughout London and the tour was cancelled.. Instead, we took a nice stroll and happened to stop at the Queen's house to say hi.


We went out again that night to celebrate a girl in the program's birthday.  We had so much fun together and had great watermelon drinks!


Monday through Wednesday Emma was on her own to do touring while I was in class/at my internship. I took Thursday and Friday off to spend with Emma and we did a day trip to Windsor Castle, Bath, and Stonehenge

emma at windsors castle

windsor castle

windsor castle

windsor castle

windsor castle

windsor castle

windsor castle

bath

bath

bath

bath

bath

bath

bath

bath

bath

bath

stonhenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

stonehenge

It was so great to have Emma here, even if it meant I was sleeping in a twin bed with another person's feet in my face.  And it never gets old to say, we've been best friends since kindergarten.

until next time,
katie

1 comment:

emmap said...

LOOOVE THIS AND YOU OF COURSE!