Sunday, May 1, 2011

Legal at CHURCH - London for my 21st Birthday

The monumental 21st birthday comes with many stereotypes.  Most American young adults plan large bar crawls for when the clock strikes midnight on their 21st birthday so they can get that iconic picture with the bouncer checking their ID and letting them into the bar.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) for me, I've been living like a 21 year old for months.  With a drinking age of 18, I never had an issue of getting into any bar or club.  So I had to figure out how to make my birthday special.

In London, if there is one club that everyone tells you you HAVE to go to, it is CHURCH.  CHURCH is a day club, open between the hours of 11 and 4 (similar to a formal church).  Everyone attends in crazy outfits.  This was not only a great way to celebrate my birthday, but also a great way to substitute for the fact I wouldn't be able to celebrate the Boston Marathon either.. which also was on my birthday.

We awoke bright and early on Sunday Morning to begin the festivities.  The day was full of craziness and excitement.  Below are some pictures of the day.







meagan and i found a guy with a giraffe around his neck.  the giraffe is aephi's animal mascot.




until next time,
katie

No comments: